pykafkap - Python Kafka Producer
A simple Kafka producer client for Python.
- Producer only
- Works as well for single connections as many connections in a threaded environment
- Connection Pooling
- Defensive network coding (short timeouts, tcp keepalives, connection recycling)
- Kafka 0.05 and 0.6 support
- Python 2.6 & 2.7 support (PyPy is bonus)
WIP - Should subclass KiddiePool and KiddieConnection to make sure they behave as intended for Kafka.
import kiddiepool import kafkap pool = kiddiepool.KiddiePool(['localhost:9092']) client = kafkap.KafkaClient(pool) client.send('message', 'topic')
- Why the stupid name?
- So we don't try to make it do more than we need. Who's going to try to bolt a consumer onto something with an ugly name like "pykafkap"?
- Yeah, but then why did you name the module "kafkap.py"?
- Putting "py" in the name of a Python module is redundant. Putting "py" in the name of a project namespaces it. See Q1.