SociallySecure is a Play application that demonstrates an integration between SecureSocial
(http://www.playframework.org/modules/securesocial), an authentication module, and Deadbolt, an authorization module.
It’s still in development, and doesn’t look particularly pretty, but it’s getting there slowly.
For the moment, only one workflow is supported.
- Log in using Twitter. SecureSocial handles this, and retrieves your details from Twitter.
- You can now link your facebook account. Again, SecureSocial handles the details.
- Once you’ve taken these two steps, you can log into SociallySecure using either of these two accounts.
OK, what can I do now?
Try searching for other users (the search is very simple – it just works on the display name of other people)
From this point on, Deadbolt is handling the authorization dynamically.
- If that person has declared their tweets to be publically visible, you will see them when you view their account. If their tweets are private, you won’t see them.
- Add the person as a friend. They can now see your tweets.
- If someone adds you as a friend, you can see their tweets.