Security Devroom @ FOSDEM'17
FOSDEM 2017 has, once again, a security devroom, this time on the topic of "theoretical and practical vulnerabilities and mitigation techniques for widely used protocols and software".
The security devroom will be held on Saturday 4th or Sunday 5th of February 2017 in Brussels, Belgium at ULB.
Our topic this year
The topic of this years FOSDEM Security Devroom covers protocol and implementation vulnerabilities (and mitigation techniques) for widely used Internet protocols and software, and theoretical and practical cryptographic algorithms and techniques.
Submissions require a small abstract and a short speaker description and must be submitted via the Pentabarf system no later than 1st of December 2016. Suggested duration for a timeslot to apply for is 25 minutes (20 min presentation + 5 mins questions). The schedule shall be finalized by 15 December 2016.
- Go to https://fosdem.org/submit
- If you don't have an account from previous years, register
- Create a new event with your title and abstract and some information about you
- Be sure to set the event track to "Security devroom"
- Subscribe to the email@example.com mailing list for announcements
Organizers & contact
- You! - any help with organizing is highly appreciated!
- Simon Josefsson (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos (email@example.com)
- Martin Paljak (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Join email@example.com mailing list for further communication
- List of things to do before/during the event etherpad