Simple Chess Clock
Simple Chess Clock is what its name implies: a chess clock (that’s simple!). It aims to be easy to use and easy to read, while also providing some reasonably expected features.
If you experience problems on your device, please visit https://github.com/simenheg/simple-chess-clock to report a bug (click the “Issues” tab).
SCC is released under the GNU GPLv3, which can be found in the LICENSE file. You may also view the text of the license the GNU website:
This means that SCC is free open-source software, currently both “free” as in speech and “free” as in beer. You may copy or modify the source however you like, but if you redistribute the application you also need to provide the source (and license it under the GPL) and include the original copyright.
- Fixed a bug causing player 1 to sometimes not receive the initial delay.
- Fixed a bug causing some delays to be skipped after resuming a paused game.
- New translation: Norwegian Bokmål.
- Fixed an issue with clocks disappearing on Android 7.0 and above.
- The minimum Android version was corrected to Android 5.0 and above, since SCC is using scalable vector graphics.
- Material theme is now applied in menus and dialogs.
- Major overhaul of the user interface.
- Should now work on modern Android versions.
- Added ability to move SCC to SD storage.
- Fixed a bug that could cause a crash in certain situations (related to ringtone).
- Fixed another bug. Leaving an option blank should no longer cause a crash – it will use the default value instead.
- Addressed a crash on startup.
- Added haptic feedback option.
- Cleaned up some more code.
- Changed the package name to conform to Google’s naming standards.
- First version available on the Market!
- Fixed a bug that caused one clock to incorrectly continue running after “Reset Clocks” was used.
- Made the app properly pause the game when Home or Back are used to exit.
- Fixed the colouring of the clock text in cases where time dips below 60s then rises above it again (due to Fischer delay).
- Fixed a bug that caused delays to be applied twice if a player’s clock was paused and then unpaused.
- First beta release, with all planned 1.0 features.