Android app, that watches your every step
Pedometer is an application for Android phones.
This is a fork of the excellent Android pedometer app here:
This fork utilises the Rdio & EchoNest APIs to beat-match music from Rdio
to your current cadence.
It counts your steps by using the sensors in the phone.
It calculates the pace (steps per minute), and can help you maintain a desired pace by speaking to you.
New in v1.4 (2010-12-25):
- Using built-in TTS
- Fix binding to the service
- Layout extends to the screen, supports various screen sizes
- Adjust default sensitivity, add more options
- Fix division by 0 bug
New in v1.3 (2010-04-25):
- option for keeping screen always on
- fixed TTS auto installation
- fixed multiple activity starts
New in v1.2 (2010-04-25):
- fixed to work on new phones (tested on HTC Desire)
New in v1.1 (2009-06-14):
- calculate distance and speed based on user’s step length
- calculate approx. calories burned based on step length & body weight
- repeated voice notifications about any displayed value
- pause and resume the service
- reset all values
- using the Market application on your phone or
- by downloading the Pedometer.apk file and issuing
adb install Pedometer.apk