USB Geiger counter
2013 Michał Słomkowski
License: GNU GPL v3.0.
This is a repository of a low-cost USB Geiger counter device using STS-5 tube, ATTiny24 and Python-written host software.
Results can be sent to MySQL database, CSV file,
xively.com or defined e-mail address if the radiation level is above the defined threshold.
Project was published in Polish hobby electronics periodic: Elektronika dla Wszystkich 10/2013, the article available here.
The repository contains:
- datasheets - datasheets of components used in the device, especially the Geiger tube
- firmare - source code of firmware for ATTiny24, written in C
- host/geiger-controller - simple program in C++ for reading data and writing the settings to the device
- host/geiger-manager - more complex software written in Python. Periodically reads the data from sensor and sends them to MySQL or CSV file
- pcb - printed circuit board layout in Eagle format, schematic in PNG and mirrored board layout for toner transfer