My version of a custom select input, with filtering
Move status update to start on first focus, not on page load
- Add the high-contrast focus indicator back (not sure when that got removed?)
- Add aria-selected attributes to makeChoice, remove on clearValue
- check arrow navigation works in all screen readers ** problems in JAWS/Chrome during filtered state ** Talkback/Chrome/Android not working well ** NVDA/Firefox seems ok, continue testing
- What would the impact be of removing aria-controls attribute? It causes older JAWS to give additional instructions which are inaccurate.
- Or should there be instructions at all? Excess instructions are usually annoying. On the other hand it's a custom widget, so people might not have encountered an input like it before.