Agenda for the 73rd meeting of Ecma TC39
- Host: Salesforce
- Dates: December 3-5, 2019
- 10:00 to 17:00 PST on December 3rd, 2019
- 10:00 to 17:00 PST on December 4th, 2019
- 10:00 to 16:00 PST on December 5th, 2019
- Location: San Francisco, CA, USA
- Attendee information: Reflector
- 18:00 to 21:00 PST on December 5th, 2019
Allen's paper on standards committee participation for new attendees: http://wirfs-brock.com/allen/files/papers/standpats-asianplop2016.pdf
Agenda topic rules
Deadline for advancement eligibility: 23 November 2019 10:00 PST
- Note: this time is selected to be precisely 10 days prior to the start of the meeting
- Proposals not looking to advance may be added at any time; if after the deadline, please always use a pull request so that members are notified of changes.
- Proposals looking to advance to stage 0 or 1 must be added (and noted as such) prior to the deadline, or else delegates may object to advancement solely on the basis of missing the deadline.
- Such proposals should include supporting materials when possible.
- Proposals looking to advance to stages 2, 3, or 4 must be added (and noted as such) along with the necessary materials prior to the deadline, or else delegates may object to advancement solely on the basis of missing the deadline.
- Such proposals must link to supporting materials prior to the deadline, or else delegates may object to advancement solely on the basis of missing the deadline. If these materials change substantially after the deadline, the proposal may be disqualified from advancement, based on the committee’s judgment.
- Proposals looking to advance to stage 4 must link to a pull request into the spec, since the process requires one.
- Proposal-based agenda items should be sorted primarily by stage (descending), secondarily by timebox (ascending), and finally by insertion date.
Supporting materials includes slides, a link to the proposal repository, a link to spec text, etc.; essentially, anything you are planning to present to the committee, or that would be useful for delegates to review.
- Opening, welcome and roll call (Chair)
- Opening of the meeting
- TC39 follows its Code of Conduct
- Introduction of attendees
- Host facilities, local logistics
- Quick recap of meeting IPR policy
- Overview of communication tools
- Find volunteers for note taking
- Adoption of the agenda
- Approval of the minutes from last meeting
- Next meeting host and logistics
- November 2020 meeting host
- Please be sure to respond to the survey in tc39/Reflector#138
Secretary's Report (15m, Istvan Sebestyen https://github.com/tc39/Reflector/files/3906307/tc39-2019-052.pdf)
Project Editors’ Reports
Updates from the CoC Committee (15m)
Discussion of Secretary role (15m, chairs)
Formal nominations for Chair, Editor, and Secretary (5m, chairs)
✓ timebox topic presenter ✓ 30m Normative: Fix extending null Bradley Farias ✓ 5m Normative: Make super() throw after evaluating args Bradley Farias ✓ 10m Normative: make async iterators next/return/throw not pass
undefinedwhen value is absent
Jordan Harband ✓ 25m Normative: Eliminate extra environment for eval in parameter initializers redux (slides) Shu-yu Guo ✓ 25m Normative: TypedArray on prototypes web reality (low priority) (slides) Shu-yu Guo ✓ 15m Normative: make EnumerableOwnPropertyNames ordered Kevin Gibbons
Overflow from previous meeting
✓ timebox topic presenter
Short (≤30m) Timeboxed Discussions
✓ timebox topic presenter ✓ 20m async-of grammar ambiguity Waldemar Horwat ✓ 30m RegExp match indices performance feedback (slides) Shu-yu Guo, Joshua Litt ~ 30m Policy on published code/polyfills in proposal repos Jordan Harband ✓ 30m (could be 10m) JSExplain demo (code, demo) Alan Schmitt
✓ represents an agenda item which has been presented, and does not indicate stage advancement
✓ stage timebox topic presenter ✓ 3 15m Intl.RelativeTimeFormat for stage 4 (slides) Zibi Braniecki, Caio Lima ✓ 3 15m For-in order for Stage 4 (PR, tests, slides) Kevin Gibbons ✓ 3 45m Optional Chaining for Stage 4 (slides) Daniel Rosenwasser ✓ 3 45m Nullish Coalescing for Stage 4 (slides) Daniel Rosenwasser ✓ 2 20m Array.isTemplateObject update Mike Samuel ✓ 2 30m
Atomics.waitAsync(slides) for Stage 3
Shu-yu Guo 2 30m updates on realms Caridy Patiño ✓ 2 45m function implementation hiding for stage 3 (slides) Michael Ficarra ✓ 1 15m Update on UUID, (slides) Benjamin Coe ✓ 1 15m Update on SES, (slides) JF Paradis ✓ 1 15m Update on OOM Must Fail Fast Mark S. Miller ✓ 1 15m Update on Promise Pipelining Mark S. Miller ✓ 1 20m Dynamic Code Brand Checks for Stage 2 Mike Samuel ✓ 1 20m Dynamic Import Host Adjustment for Stage 2 Mike Samuel ✓ 0 15m Array select/reject (slides) for stage 1 Justin Ridgewell 0 30m Async initialization for stage 1 Bradley Farias ✓ 0 30m Module attributes for Stage 1 (slides) Myles Borins, Sven Sauleau, Dan Clark, and Daniel Ehrenberg ✓ 0 30m Operator overloading for Stage 1 (slides) Daniel Ehrenberg 0 30m BigDecimal for Stage 1 (slides) Daniel Ehrenberg 0 30m Preserve Host Virtualizability for Stage 1 Mark S. Miller 0 20m Unicode Properties (time permitting) Shane F. Carr
Longer or open-ended discussions
✓ timebox topic presenter 30m Reserved time for chair / editor discussion overflow chairs ✓ 60m Standard Library Task Group (slides) Shu-yu Guo
Overflow from timeboxed agenda items (in insertion order)
✓ topic presenter
- Thank host
- Mark S. Miller (@erights) would prefer all three of his (OOM, Pipelining, Virtualizability) on Thursday. Wednesday would be fine. I could do any on Tuesday if needed, but it'll be less polished.
- Please give Shu-yu Guo a 1 hour warning before the RegExp match indices feedback agenda item is up to coordinate with Joshua Litt
- Ben Coe would prefer to give the update on UUID on Wednesday (as he will be able to attend in person).
- Dan Ehrenberg will only be available after lunch on Wednesday and Thursday (unless this is impossible to satisfy with his presentations + SLTG)
- Sven will be present on Thursday afternoon and not Wednesday; it would be ideal if module attributes could be on Thursday so he could co-present.
Dates and locations of future meetings
|2020-02-04 to 2020-02-06||Honolulu, HI||University of Honolulu & Google|
|2020-03-31 to 2020-04-02||Cupertino, CA||Apple|