Clone this wiki locally
General information about using Termux build environment, porting packages and maintaining APT repository.
User's Wiki is available at https://wiki.termux.com/wiki/Main_Page.
We maintain a mirror of our projects on Gitlab.
Package support on Android OS versions 5.x - 6.x is discontinued as of 01.01.2020.
@Agnostic-apollo re-added support for android 5/6 to termux-app starting from termux-app version 0.119 (not yet released at the time of writing), see termux-app/wiki/Termux-on-android-5-or-6.
Builds on F-Droid and Kali Nethunter Store are done on their own and signed with different certificates. Thus, application and add-ons obtained from different source can't be mixed.
- termux-app: terminal emulator application sources.
- termux-api: Termux:API add-on sources.
- termux-boot: Termux:Boot add-on sources.
- termux-float: Termux:Float add-on sources.
- termux-styling: Termux:Styling add-on sources.
- termux-tasker: Termux:Tasker add-on sources.
- termux-x11: Termux:X11 add-on sources. Unmaintained.
Package definitions, build scripts and patches are split between multiple repositories depending on their functionality.
- packages/: main set of packages and build environment.
- root-packages/: set of packages requiring device to be rooted.
- x11-packages/: set of packages for X Window System.
We maintain some projects which are used for special purposes.
- TermuxAm: an activity manager for Android OS.
- command-not-found: utility to suggest packages if executed command not found.
- libandroid-shmem: System V shared memory implementation through Android's ashmem.
- libandroid-support: implementation of functionality missing in Bionic libc.
- play-audio: utility to play audio files through OpenSLES.
- proot: an Android-compatible fork of proot.
- termux-api-package: command line interface to Termux:API.
- termux-apt-repo: script for generating APT repository from given packages.
- termux-auth: an implementation of password authentication for use with OpenSSH and similar packages.
- termux-create-package: utility to create DEB package from set of files and metadata definition.
- termux-elf-cleaner: utility to remove unused sections from ELF binaries.
LD_PRELOADhook for fixing
/sbinpath accesses during execution of
- termux-services: scripts for managing services in Termux.
- termux.github.io: Termux home page website.
- Termux's fork of upload-release-action: Used for uploading bootstrap archives to GitHub release
Termux language server: a language server for Termux