This is a complete C# port and an extension of the awesome Entity System framework Artemis, originally available in Java here: http://gamadu.com/artemis
Available on Nuget: http://nuget.org/packages/Artemis
Regular Stable Versions: https://github.com/thelinuxlich/artemis_CSharp/tags
StarWarrior example game here to get used to the framework: https://github.com/thelinuxlich/starwarrior_CSharp
If you have any suggestions, critics, we'd love to hear! Our forum: http://www.ploobs.com.br/forum/viewforum.php?f=39&sid=ac84dca015138021f78da3b200ef5f96
- use (free) StyleCop to hold up readability and quality of code. http://stylecop.codeplex.com/ In combination with jetbrains R# http://www.jetbrains.com/resharper/ it makes your life much easier.
- document at least all visible parts of your code. Use of GhostDoc http://submain.com/products/ghostdoc.aspx is highly recommended.
- program against the interface, not the implementation and help us to improve code: http://oreilly.com/catalog/pnetcomp2/chapter/ch03.pdf
- add unit tests if you implement new functionality.
- avoid Linq on speed critical parts.
- avoid Linq with ".Any" statements always.
- bear in mind that any release should run on multiple platforms. If you do not have a platform, ask us for help!
Visual Studio 2010 (Windows 7 and older):
- Use ArtemisEntitySystemPcPhoneXboxVS2010 to check compatibility with and build (use "Batch build..."->"Select all") the library files for PC, Windows Phone 7 and XBOX 360. You find the build library in root\bin\ folder.
- Use ArtemisEntitySystemPcVS2010 to develop on Entity System and Unit-tests only.
- Windows 7 (Up to date inclusive newest SP)
- Visual Studio 2010 SP1
- .net framework 4.0 (client)
- XNA GameStudio 4.+ (for xbox and windows phone 7 only)
Visual Studio 2012 (Windows 8 and higher):
- Use ArtemisEntitySystemPcStorePortableVS2012 to check compatibility with and build (use "Batch build..."->"Select all") the library files for WindowsStore and Windows Portable. You find the build library in root\bin\ folder.
- Use ArtemisEntitySystemPcVS2012 to develop on Entity System and Unit-tests only.
- Windows 8 (Up to date inclusive newest SP)
- Visual Studio 2012 (Express not supported)
- .net framework 4.5 (client)
- Windows 8 SDK
- Pc - .Net framework 4 and higher
- Windows Store Apps (Metro)
- Silverlight 3 and higher (Portable Solution)
- Windows Phone 7 / 8
- Mono (Linux/Android/OSx)