- Add the '.schema' SQL command to open a view that displays the schema
for the internal tables and any attached databases. If lnav was only
executed with a SQLite database and no text files, this view will open
- The scroll bar now indicates the location of errors/warnings, search
hits, and bookmarks.
- The xterm title is update to reflect the file name for the top line
in the view.
- Added a "headless" mode so that you can execute commands and run SQL
queries from the command-line without having to do it from the curses
- When doing a search or SQL query, any text that is currently being
displayed can be tab-completed.
- The '-H' option was added so you can view the internal help text.
- Added the 'g/G' hotkeys to move to the top/bottom of the file.
- Added a 'log_mark' column to the log tables that indicates whether or
not a log message is bookmarked. The field is writable, so you can
bookmark lines using an SQL UPDATE query.
- Added syntax-highlighting when editing SQL queries or search regexes.
- Added a "write-json-to" command that writes the result of a SQL query
to a JSON-formatted file.
- The "elapsed time" column now uses red/green coloring to indicate
sharp changes in the message rate.
- Added a "set-min-log-level" command to filter out log messages that
are below a given level.
- Performance improvements.
- Multi-line filtering has been fixed.
- A collator has been added to the log_level column in the log tables
so that you can write expressions like "log_level > 'warning'".
- The log_time datetime format now matches what is returned by
"datetime('now')" so that collating works correctly.
- If a search string is not valid PCRE syntax, a search is done for
the exact string instead of just returning an error.
- Static-linking has been cleaned up.
- OpenSSL is no longer a requirement.
- Alpha support for Windows/cygwin.
- Environment variables can now be accessed in SQL queries using
the syntax: $VAR_NAME
- An internal log is kept and written out on a crash.
- Partition bookmarks are now tracked separately from regular user
bookmarks. You can start a partition with the 'partition-name'
command and remove it with the 'clear-partition' command.
- Improved display of possible matches during tab-completion in the
command-prompt. The matches are now shown in a separate view and
pressing tab repeatedly will scroll through the view.
- The "open" command now does shell word expansion for file names.
- More config directory paths have been added: /etc/lnav,
$prefix/etc/lnav, and directories passed on the command-line with -I.