WordPress Dynamic Data for HelpScout
WordPress Dynamic Data for HelpScout is a WordPress plugin that will show WordPress user information right in your HelpScout dashboard.
The content that is displayed can be edited by modifying the
/views/output.php file, or by using the
See this blog post for a screenshot.
To get this up and running, you'll need to configure a few things in WordPress and HelpScout.
- Upload the contents of wordpress-helpscout.zip to your plugins directory, which usually is
- Activate the WordPress Dynamic Data for HelpScout plugin
- Set the HELPSCOUT_SECRET_KEY constant in your
/wp-config.phpfile. This should be a random string of 40 characters.
define( 'HELPSCOUT_SECRET_KEY', 'your-random-string' );
- Go to the HelpScout custom app interface.
- Enter the following settings.
App Name: WordPress User
Content Type: Dynamic Content
Callback URL: https://your-site.com/wp-helpscout/api (I recommend using HTTPS)
Secret Key: The value of your HELPSCOUT_SECRET_KEY constant.