Publishing article lists
Clone this wiki locally
There are two ways you can publish an article list on your website. The most straight forward way is to create an ordinary page and choose which article lists to be displayed. The other alternative is to use a short code.
Creating an article list page
- Go to "Article lists" -> "Edit lists" in wp-admin. On this page you can create, delete and edit the properties of your lists.
- Open the page where you want to display your article list in wp-admin
- Down to the right you will see a meta box labeled "Arlima". Here you choose which article list you want to display on the page. Besides choosing the list you also get the possibility to configure the width of your list (which is used to calculate the dimensions of your article images) and the number of articles that should be displayed in the list.
- Go to "Article lists" -> "Manage lists" and start filling your list with content. Here you can read more about the features that's available in the list manager
Choosing a list as front page
Go to "Settings" -> "Reading" in wp-admin and choose the page that you related your article list to as a static front page.
Inserting article lists using a short code
[arlima list="List slug" width=480 offset=0 limit=0 filter_suffix="some suffix"]
- list — Either slug name or ID of the list you want to display
- width (optional) — Used to calculate the size of the images.
- offset (optional) —
- limit (optional) — The number of articles that should be displayed
- filter_suffix (optional) — If you want to use filters specifically targeted to the rendering of this list. (Read more here)