HLS.js v1.0.0 has arrived! Thank you to everyone who contributed to this release and hls.js in general.
- Apple Low-Latency HLS support
- Improved support for redundant variants with tracks
- Improved support for GROUP-ID audio and subtitle track selection sets
- Improved support for fmp4 streams (including those with alternate codecs)
"progressive"streaming option (experimental)
- All src modules have been converted to TypeScript
API and Breaking Changes
See the new MIGRATING guide for API changes between v0.14.x and v1.0.0.
Changes Since The Last Release Candidate
PIPELINE_ERROR_DECODEerror in streams with AAC segments - #3703
- Improved end-of-stream handling - #3704
- IE11, README v1, and Functional Test Fixes #3705
driftto public API
- IE11 Functional Test Fixes
- Updated README for v1
- Fixed smooth switch stuck in
- Code cleanup - #3687
The Release Planning and Backlog project highlights issues that are a top priority. Expect to see these in an upcoming minor or patch.
The LL-HLS project is still open. A lot of great feedback came in at the eleventh hour. The availability of sample streams and community contributions will be a significant factor in moving the project forward. The only features not implemented in v1.0.0 are "Hinted Part and Map Preloading" (EXT-X-PRELOAD-HINT). Bugs and enhancements will continue to be added to this project as necessary.
Some have asked when and if v0.15 will be released. While there is a version milestone set and a patch/v0.15.x branch in GitHub for that release, there has been no date set. Work on v0.15 has been paused indefinitely. Please test upgrading to this release. If something is preventing you from upgrading but still a problem in v0.14.x, file an issue explaining why upgrading does not work for you.