Converting models to XML3D
Clone this wiki locally
This Wiki page collects ways to convert existing content and ways to export existing content from DCC tools.
Note that objects don't need to be converted to an XML3D format in order to be used in XML3D scenes. XML3D also has a FormatHandler interface that can be used to create plugins to load other formats such as STL or GLTF. Here is a list of available plugins:
- xml3d-stl-plugin (example)
- xml3d-gltf-plugin (experimental!)
- MeshLab JSON (example)
- OpenCTM (example) (Remember to include the dependencies too: ctm.js, lzma.js, openctm-worker.js)
- BLAST (example)
Creating your own FormatHandler plugin also isn't so hard, it's described in the wiki page Writing a custom FormatHandler plugin.
- The xml3d-blender-exporter project supports Blender >= 2.71 and exports geometry, assets, lights, materials and skeleton-based animations.
- XML3D Exporter for Cinema4D R12
|Development||XML3D Versions||Assets||Materials||Rigid Body Animations||Skeletal Animations|
|ATLAS||active||4.8 / (4.9)||yes (xml)||phong||no||no|
|xml3d-blender-exporter||active||4.8, 4.9||yes (xml)||phong||no||yes|
|Cinema4D-Exporter||inactive||prior Oct 2011||no||phong||no||no|