A repository with some modules to show how to get started with NetKernel Standard Edition.
All you need is a copy of gradle pre-installed.
Getting Started with Getting Started
- Clone this git repository...
Change directory to module/urn.org.netkernel.helloworld/
To build the urn.org.netkernel.helloworld module
- To download NetKernel, install NetKernel, deploy this project's module and start NetKernel...
gradle installNK deployModuleNK startNK
Congratulations you have your first module installed, try it here
NetKernel is running two HTTP servers - one for apps on port 8080 and one for the administration tools on port 1060. You can explore the NetKernel system at http://localhost:1060
To stop NetKernel...
Where was NetKernel Installed?
- You installed a copy of NetKernel with your module running in the relative directory ../NKSE-5.2.1/
- To start NetKernel manually use ../NKSE-5.2.1/bin/netkernel.sh (or netkernel.bat if you're on Windows)
- To see the console output of NetKernel look at ../NKSE-5.2.1/log/netkernel.out
- To delete this temporary copy of NetKernel use
You can tell Gradle to use an existing copy of NetKernel. Just open build.gradle and change location to point to the directory where your existing copy of NetKernel lives.
To start playing with the code in Eclipse...
This creates .project and .classpath files for Eclipse, so now in Eclipse just use "Import... Existing Projects into Workspace..." and point to the directory as an Eclipse project.
Next Steps with NetKernel
Make sure NetKernel is running (ie you can request http://localhost:1060 with you browser)
We highly recommend that you go to the package manager (referred to as the "Apposite" tool) and accept all updates.
Click "Select All Updates"
Then click "Apply Selections"
Wait a few moments for the updates to be downloaded and for NetKernel to hot deploy them.
To start learning all about NetKernel and Resource Oriented Computing go to the documentation
- 1060 Research are here to help you get started
- Register on the NetKernel Portal to access the complementary support
- From the portal you can also download evaluation copies of 1060 NetKernel Enterprise Edition
- NetKernel Enterprise Edition comes with additional high-end tools and features and has comprehensive SLA and Support packages.
NetKernel Gradle Plugin
As well as building a module, there are lots of powerful things you can do with the NetKernel Gradle plugin.
A detailed guide is provide here
Let us know how you get on or if you need a hand tweet: @netkernel or #netkernel