This was modified by me (20kdc) in order to run the game 'OneShot' (freeware version, not the remake).
As such, it contains much hackery in order to emulate hackery used by that version of OneShot.
Furthermore, note that I'm unaffiliated with the developers of OneShot and the developers of EasyRPG-Player.
The responsibility for the various bits and pieces marked "OneShot-Specific Hackery" is mine unless contributed externally,
but is not that of either the EasyRPG-Player developers or the OneShot developers.
https://github.com/EasyRPG/Player should always be used unless dealing with this specific game,The original at
and really, this fork should only be used if you can't find any other alternative for a specific platform.
Finally, I reiterate that this is for the original freeware OneShot, not the remake on Steam.
The code added for this may be considered a derivative of https://github.com/mathewv/oneshot-legacy , the license to which is:
The MIT License Copyright (c) 2015 Mathew Velasquez (http://mathew.link/) Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions: The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software. THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.
EasyRPG Player is a game interpreter to play RPG Maker 2000, 2003 and EasyRPG games. It uses the LCF parser library (liblcf) to read RPG Maker game data.
EasyRPG Player is part of the EasyRPG Project. More information is available at the project website: https://easyrpg.org/
Documentation is available at the documentation wiki: https://wiki.easyrpg.org
minimal / required
- liblcf for RPG Maker data reading. https://github.com/EasyRPG/liblcf
- SDL2 for screen backend support.
- Pixman for low level pixel manipulation.
- libpng for PNG image support.
- zlib for XYZ image support.
extended / recommended
- FreeType2 for external font support (+ HarfBuzz for Unicode text shaping)
- mpg123 for better MP3 audio support
- WildMIDI for better MIDI audio support
- Ogg+Vorbis/Tremor for OGG audio support
- libsndfile for better WAVE audio support
- SpeexDSP for proper audio resampling
- SDL2_mixer for audio mixing. Used as a fallback when none of the provided audio libraries support the format. Due to API limitations not all audio effects are possible through SDL2_mixer audio.
SDL and SDL_mixer 1.2 are still supported, but deprecated.
Up to date binaries for assorted platforms are available at our continous integration service:
EasyRPG Player development is hosted by GitHub, project files are available in this git repository:
Released versions are also available at our Download Archive:
Autotools Makefile method:
- GNU make
tar xf easyrpg-player-0.5.1.tar.xz # unpack the tarball cd easyrpg-player-0.5.1 # enter in the package directory ./configure # find libraries, set options make # compile the executable
Additional building requirements when using the source tree (git):
- autoconf >= 2.69
- automake >= 1.11.4
To generate the "configure" script, run before following the above section:
Read more detailed instructions at:
tar xf easyrpg-player-0.5.1.tar.xz # unpack the tarball cd easyrpg-player-0.5.1 # enter in the package directory cmake . # generate Makefile make # compile the executable
Read more detailed instructions at:
Visual Studio method:
- Visual Studio 2015 Update 2 or newer
Compile the dependencies in a Visual Studio command prompt:
git clone https://github.com/EasyRPG/buildscripts cd buildscripts/windows powershell .\setup.ps1 # requires policy "RemoteSigned" build v140 # compile all dependencies
Create an environment variable EASYDEV_MSVC pointing to buildscripts/windows/build
Compile the Player:
- liblcf is compiled as part of the Player. Extract/Clone liblcf in the ''lib'' directory
- Open ''builds/vs2015/Player.sln'' in Visual Studio
- The executable is created in the ''bin'' directory
Read detailed instructions at:
Running EasyRPG Player
easyrpg-player executable from a RPG Maker 2000 or 2003 game
project folder (same place as
- File an issue at https://github.com/EasyRPG/Player/issues
- Open a thread at https://community.easyrpg.org/
- Chat with us via IRC: #easyrpg at irc.freenode.net
EasyRPG Player is free software available under the GPLv3 license. See the file COPYING for license conditions.
3rd party software
EasyRPG Player makes use of the following 3rd party software:
- FMMidi YM2608 FM synthesizer emulator - Copyright (c) 2003-2006 yuno (Yoshio Uno), available under the (3-clause) BSD license