Who's your step daddy!!??
Multi user collaborative step sequencer. Several users can connect with their mobile devices or desktops and play a step sequencer together hosted on one of the devices connected. One device will be able to act as the main controller for all sound controlling filter and pitch.
- Google Chrome 24+
- NodeJS for running the server.
- Python for running a simple server for the clients.
Also since that project was part of the Music Hack Day in Stockholm we only tested everything in MacOSX.
- Install dependencies by running make from the root folder.
- Run server by going into the server folder and running ./run.sh
- Run clients by going into the clients folder and running ./run.sh
How to use it
- Open namespaces.js and replace the IP in windows.SERVER with the IP of your NodeJS server.
- In the same file replace the URL in windows.CLIENT with the IP of the server that hosts your clients folder.
- Open your browser and go to http://[yourip]/clients/sequencer.
- Follow the instructions on that page and then open another browser (mobile, tablet, browser) and open the links that you see on the sequencer page.