The Danny release is characterized by MORE. More UI polish, more features, more content, more long-asked-for changes. It's the longest-lived and largest in every way release we've ever done, and we hope to never do it again. Future releases are planned for roughly 6-month intervals. This release is made up of 37,604 commits authored by over 700 contributors, and it roughly doubled the number of everything in the game, items, monsters, map buildings, you name it, we doubled it.
It's honestly way too huge to summarize in any meaningful way, but here are the absolute biggest changes, and you'll just have to dig into the changelog or the game itself for more detail.
- Many quality of life enhancements such as auto-pulp, autopickup, batch actions, interacting with adjacent items and improved long-action handling.
- Pixel minimap for tiles mode.
- Guns accept magazines when appropriate.
- Player stamina stat that is burned by running and other physical exertion.
- Player faction base that allows incremental growth and autonomous work by NPCs.
- The player remembers terrain and furniture they have seen.
- Carrying racks for small vehicles.
- Vehicle system (speed, fuel consumption, terrain effects) overhaul.
- Overhauled nutrition, food spoilage and food state changes (freezing).
- Overhauled bomb fragment handling.
- NPC dialogue support, group commands, tactical instructions and backstories.
- Dynamic Lighting.
- Roughly DOUBLED the amount of in-game content.
- Unheard-of levels of bugfixing.
- Full translations for Chinese, German, Japanese, Polish and Russian.