Converts YouTube Playlists to Spotify URI lists - in your Terminal.
This is currently in development stage!
- Download the master version
- Get a DeveloperKey from the Google Developers Console
- Paste the API-Key in
- Activate the YouTube Data API v3 for this key/project
composer installto load the required packages
- Should be done now.
$ php yt2spotify.php [YouTube playlist-URL | YouTube playlist-ID] [--copy] [--only-uri]
--copy: Copies the spotify URIs to your clipboard
--only-uri: Prints only fetched URIs (one per line)
--copy works only on Mac OS X with the
$ php yt2spotify.php PL6D4C31FFA7EBABB5
How does it work?
It's very simple - The scripts loads all video-titles (= name of the track) of the provided YouTube-playlist with the YouTube Data API v3 and searches this tracknames with Spotifys WebAPI - if the track was found the script will show you a green checkmark next to the title, if not - a red cross. All found Spotify-URIs (like
spotify:track:3GfOAdcoc3X5GPiiXmpBjK will be written per line in
spotify-uris.txt) – Now you can just copy the contents of this file and paste it (from your clipboard) in an playlist in your spotify-client.
- Some YouTube videos are not named very well - so some words must be ignored for the spotify search (like "lyrics", "HD", etc. - look at the
- Some special remixes/edits are not at the first search position on spotifys web api - so you get the official instead an radio edit.