Roll dice, flip coins, and simulate other decision-making methods.
- Jason C. McDonald (CodeMouse92)
Because I feel like it? Seriously, though, I am frequently looking for random generation programs, especially coin and dice simulators. It felt like a simple and fun project that could grow quickly with minimal work.
dicebox contains the following decision-making tools:
- Flip any number of coins.
- Roll any number of dice, of any type.
- Drawing straws. Who will get the short straw?
- Draw any number of playing cards.
- Draw a random sock from a drawer. (White, black, red, green, blue, argyle, toe, fuzzy, or stripey.)
dicebox will be first-and-foremost a command-line application. I may add an optional GUI later, but that's not certain.
Right now, I don't have any sort of fancy install script. The easiest way to run dicebox is by downloading the code and running it as a module with Python3.
From within the repository folder, run...
$ python3 -m dicebox
dicebox is written in Python3, primarily targeting the Linux command line.