Maintenance Mode As of May 1, 2016 no new functionality will be added to this project. For additional details refer to this issue.
If you need a fully integrated, robust offline solution that's officially supported, then please refer to our native ArcGIS Runtime SDKs for iOS, Android, .NET, Xamarin, Java, OSx and Qt.
Online samples are available here: http://esri.github.io/offline-editor-js/demo/
This project is also available on npm: https://www.npmjs.com/package/esri-offline-maps
This repo contains the following libraries in the
/dist directory. The use of
basic in the name indicates intermittent offline-only, and
advanced indicates the library can be used for both intermittent and full offline.
Reference URLs are provided for developement only. It's recommended to use a CDN or host your own.
|Use_Case||Name, Description and gh-pages URL|
|Basic map tiles||
|Advanced map tiles||
src files are for software development-only. The
min versions are minified and should be used in production.
The following workflow is currently supported for both both features and tiles:
1) Load web application while online.
2) Once all tiles, features and attachments are loaded then programmatically take application offline.
3) Make edits while offline.
4) Return online when you want to resync edits.
This workflow is supported for intermittent offline and full offline. There are samples in the
/samples directory for both use cases. For more information on the differences between intermittent and full offline check out this blog post.
Full offline requires the use of an application manifest to allow for browser reloads and restarts while offline. The application manifest lets you store .html, .js, .css and image files locally. There is also a wiki doc to help you learn more about using the cache with this library.
Attachment Support: Attachments are supported with some limitations. See documentation here
API and How To Use Docs
Go here to get links to the API docs and How to use docs.
Go here for answers to frequently asked questions.
- Fork and clone the repo.
- After cloning from github,
git submodule initand
git submodule update
- Try out the apps in the
/samplesfolder. If they run, then everything is set up correctly.
- From the root directory run
Grunt build. If there are no errors, the minimized (min) and source (src) versions of the libraries will be output to
- For production automation see the npm scripts listed in package.json.
- Currently does not support related tables, domains or subtypes. The ArcGIS Runtime SDKs fully support these and more.
- Attachments are supported with some limitations listed here.
- Browser storage space on mobile devices is a known limitation. This applies to stand-alone web applications and hybrid applications.
OfflineEditAdvancedafter a full offline restart. It's recommended that you build your own custom editing functionality that is fully mobile and offline compliant.
- Only the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox and Safari are supported.
- The most up to date information on this library's browser support can be found here.
- Offline.js - it allows detection of the online/offline condition and provides events to hook callbacks on when this condition changes
- Node.js required for building the source
- IndexedDBShim - polyfill to simulate indexedDB functionality in browsers/platforms where it is not supported notably older versions desktop Safari and iOS Safari.
- jasmine.async - Used specifically for unit testing.
Non sub-module based libraries that are used internally by this project
Find a bug or want to request a new feature? Please let us know by submitting an issue.
Anyone and everyone is welcome to contribute. Please see our guidelines for contributing.
Copyright 2016 Esri
Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at
Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.
A copy of the license is available in the repository's license.txt file.