A game about shapes which shift... and also shapeshift. Command triangles, squares, pentagons, hexagons around. They (you) solve puzzles.
Project for Ludum Dare 35, theme is "Shapeshift".
npm install npm run-script build
You'll find the game in the
- A real level editor. Preferably built in a similar way to the game, using the game's graphics and including a testing mode.
- Direct movement fields (down, left, right, up).
- Switches should affect traps. Trapped shapes must be preserved.
- Torus worlds: Levels should wrap around, so that left/right and/or up/down are connected.
- Diagonal mirrors.
- One-time variants of existing permanent fields, e.g. a turn field which is used up after a shape passes over it.
- Different level sizes (maybe with scrolling and/or scaling?).
- Timed and periodical switches. Instead of being triggered by clicks or a passing shape, they are activated/deactivated when a certain amount of time has passed.
- Switch interactions should be visible.
- For development: Some watching / serving, so the game can be run locally without hassle.
- Sprite atlas.
- Move all type-specific grid object logic out of the Play class.
- Generify effects and add more!
- Generify victory condition(s).
I am standing on the shoulders of giants. This is a short (?) list of software, libraries, etc., I used. Without them, this game would not have been possible.
- Atom as text editor / IDE
- Bfxr for sounds
- Debian GNU/Linux as operating system
- Mozilla Firefox for testing purposes
- GIMP for graphics
- Git for version control
- gulp.js as build tool (including several plugins)
- Node.js is used by gulp
- Phaser (game framework)