The PMU Connection Tester is a Windows GUI application used to validate, test and trouble‐shoot connections and data streams from phasor measurement devices as well as graphically visualize their synchophasor data in real‐time.
The PMU Connection Tester verifies that the data stream from any known phasor measurement device is being received. Device types that can be tested through the PMU Connection Tester application may include:
- Phasor Measurement Unit (PMU)
- Phasor Data Concentrator (PDC)
- Digital Fault Recorder (DFR)
- Power Quality Meter (PQ)
Any device that supports one of the following phasor protocols may be tested:
- IEEE C37.118.2-2011
- IEEE C37.118-2005 (Version 1/Draft 7, Draft 6)
- IEC 61850-90-5 (starting with version 4.3)
- IEEE 1344-1995
- BPA PDCstream (Revisions 0, 1, and 2, including PDCxchng formatted data)
- UTK F-Net
- SEL Fast Message
- Macrodyne (M and G starting with version 4.3)
Documentation and Support
- Documentation for PMUConnectionTester can be found here.
- Get in contact with our development team on our new discussion board.
- Check our old discussion board to see if your question has already been answered.
- Check out the wiki.
- Make sure your system meets all the requirements below.
- Download the latest stable release below.
- Unzip if necessary.
- Start the correct installer for your system (32-bit or 64-bit).
- Follow the wizard.
- .NET 4.6 or higher.
Latest Stable Release
If you would like to contribute please:
- Read our styleguide.
- Fork the repository.
- Make something amazing.
- Create a pull request.
PMU Connection Tester is licensed for use under the MIT License