Written 2012-2013 Hal Canary <http://cs.unc.edu/~hal>. Copyright 2012-2013 University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at
Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.
Supported File Formats
- VTK — VTK Legacy File
- VTP — VTK Polygonal Data File
- VTU — VTK Unstructured Grid Data File
- VTI — VTK Image Data File
- VTS — VTK Structured Grid Data File
- VTR — VTK Rectilinear Grid Data File
- PLY — Stanford Polygon File
- OBJ — Wavefront Object file
- STL — Stereolithography File
- PDB — Protein Data Bank File
Volumetric datasets are converted to surfaces using vtkDataSetSurfaceFilter.
If the STEREO_TYPE environment variable is set to "CRYSTAL_EYES", "RED_BLUE", "INTERLACED", "LEFT", "RIGHT", "DRESDEN", "ANAGLYPH", "CHECKERBOARD", or "SPLITVIEWPORT_HORIZONTAL", the corresponding VTK stereo type is set via vtkRenderWindow::SetStereoType().
If there is a scalar data array defined for the dataset, it is displayed on the resulting surface with a white-to-red colormap.
If the surface lacks normals, they are added with the vtkPolyDataNormals filter.
Example installation instructions:
$ sudo apt-get install -y libvtk5.8-qt4 libvtk5.8 libqtgui4 cmake git
$ sudo yum install -y vtk-devel vtk-qt qt-devel cmake git
$ git clone git://github.com/HalCanary/vtkviewer.git
Get some data to view:
$ wget http://bit.ly/15vy2Rf -O bun_zipper.ply
$ vtkviewer/build/vtkviewer bun_zipper.ply
- 's' — surface
- 'w' — wireframe
- 'r' — reset and center camera
- 'ctrl-q' — quit
- 'ctrl-r' — toggle rotation
- 'ctrl-s' — toggle stereo mode
- 'ctrl-t' — change stereo type
- 'ctrl-p' — screenshot