Generic Battery Drainer
About this app
It drains your battery. That's about it.
How fast depends on the size of your battery and the abilities of your phone's processors.
Smaller battery or Faster Processor means Faster Draining
How to use it
- Select which components you want to enable and press "Start".
- A Menu will appear in your notification bar where you can stop the drain service.
- You can now minimize of even close the app and the draining will still continue.
- You can view how much battery has been drained and for how long it has been draining in the notification menu.
- If you choose CPU/GPU load, your phone will be sluggish while draining
- You can open the Main Page by pressing the main notification.
- Warning: Running this app for a prolonged period can cause the battery to heat up. You can set a cutoff temperature in the settings menu(Default is 50C). Do not let your battery get too hot.
- Certain permissions are required for certain functions to work.
- If you do not feel comfortable granting a permission, you can use the other functions normally
- Camera: Required to enable the LED Flash/Torch
- Write System Settings: Required to modify screen brightness and timeout duration
- Access Fine Location: Required to request GPS scans
- Flash: Turns on the LED Flash/Torch
- Screen & Wake Lock: Keeps the screen at Max brightness and prevents it from turning off
- CPU Load: Performs continuous Integer, Floating Point and Double Precision arithmetic to put load on the CPU
- GPU Load: Performs Parallel Floating Point multiplication on the GPU. This also loads the CPU.
- GPS: Continuously attempts to update GPS location in order to drain the battery. Any GPS data is not read, saved or stored.
- WiFi: Continuously performs WiFi scans. Scan results are not read, saved or stored.
- Bluetooth: Continuously performs Bluetooth scans. Scan results are not read, saved or stored.
- For safety reasons, this application will stop draining upon reaching a certain temperature or level limit
- You can choose these limits in the settings page by clicking the gear icon in the top right of the toolbar
- You can also set your temperature units(C/F) if you're from one of the 5 countries in the world that don't use Celsius.
We do not collect, store, share, sell or do anything with your information.
We do not display or push any advertisements, whether targeted or untargeted.
This App, Generic Battery Drainer is provided by at no cost and is intended for use as is.
This section is used to inform users regarding the policies with the collection, use, and disclosure of Personal Information if anyone decided to use this Service.
If you choose to use this Service, then you agree to the collection and use of information in relation to this policy. Which is to say, you consent to me not collecting any of your information.
No usage or crash data is collected.
The source code for this app is available on my Github. Check the link at the top of the page.