With the release of AutoDrive version 126.96.36.199 for FS22, this commandline tool is not necessary anymore. Thanks for using my little program ! Happy farming...
FS22 AutoDrive Sort (v2.0.1)
If you are playing FS22 and like to cycle thru the destinations with the keyboard, a button on a steering wheel or (as I do) with a PS4 controller, you might noticed that AutoDrive cycles thru the destinations in the order you created them, not alphabetically.
So I created a small program that sorts the destinations alphabetically. Also taking the folders in account if you use folders.
Create a shortcut to AutoDriveSort.exe, and add one of more of the arguments below:
-dir [savegame folder] -backups [number of backups to keep]
D:\AutoDriveSort.exe -dir "D:\Documents\My Games\FarmingSimulator2022\savegame2"
D:\AutoDriveSort.exe -dir "D:\Documents\My Games\FarmingSimulator2022\savegame2" -backups 2
Save and close your game (no need to quit FS22).
Run the shortcut.
- Save and close your game (no need to quit FS22).
- Copy the AutoDriveSort.exe into your savegame folder (mostly: C:\Users[username]\Documents\My Games\FarmingSimulator2022\savegame[number]).
- Run it.
How does it work?
- It will look for the AutoDrive xml file (named 'AutoDrive_config.xml').
- Creates a backup.
- Looks into the file if you are using folders (if in AD settings you have 'Use folders' set to Yes).
- If you use folders, it will take the folders into account when sorting.
- If you do not use folders, it will just sort all destinations.
- Look for the 'vehicles.xml' file.
- Create a backup of this file.
- Fix the parking destinations of all vehicles and work tools to the sorted destinations.
- Fix the chosen destinations for every vehicle in the HUD to the sorted destinations.
- Optional removes old backups, related to the -backups parameter.
Program is based on .net framework 4.7.2 Runtime.