Emotion detection game using computer vision. Note: This repo is no longer maintained. Contact @justinshenk if you have questions about running it.
Interactive game that ranks players by their ability to show an emotion (eg, "Show surprise").
Emotion detection is accomplished using an Inception-based neural network trained in TensorFlow on the FER2013 dataset. Face detection is accomplished using OpenCV's Haar cascade.
Visit https://partypi.net with Desktop Chrome or Firefox.
git clone https://github.com/JustinShenk/party-pi.git cd party-pi
pip3 install -r requirements.txt
If using Ubuntu, install tkinter with
sudo apt-get install python3-tk
gunicorn -c gunicorn.conf main:app
Open a browser to https://localhost:5000.
Pull the docker image with docker pull justinshenk/partypi:latest.
Run the server interactively with
docker run -it -p 5000:5000 partypi and open a browser to https://localhost:5000.
In Chrome (or Firefox), click Advanced and proceed past the warning.
Additional (optional) arguments:
--picam for piCamera module and
--slow to slow down the countdown.
Select Easy or Hard Mode (left or right arrow keys).
Awards, Press, Demos
- Featured in the Intel Developer Mesh Editor's Picks (August 2017)
- Awarded the 2017 Intel Hack Challenge prize
- The technology was demonstrated at Intel's AI booth at NIPS 2017
- Party Pi was demoed for students and faculty at the 2016 and 2017 Osnabrück University Institute of Cognitive Science Christmas parties
- Received the 2018 Open Source Software Prize from Intevation GmbH
- Fix alignment of user interface elements
- Fix display of elements
- Fix mobile image processing
- Test latest version on Raspberry Pi (support is deprecated)