CodeCharta by MaibornWolff
Jump to Section
What is CodeCharta?
CodeCharta is a beautiful tool for visualizing code as cities. It visualizes multiple code metrics using 3D tree maps and consists of two parts:
- analysis: Command-Line-Tool for generating visualization data. It includes some pre-defined importers for e.g. SonarQube, SourceMonitor, SCM log information, generic csv data, as well as a command to validate and merge multiple data files.
- visualization: GUI for visualizing code metrics given in json files, specified by cc.json using json-schema v4.
Install application for desktop usage with npm
- install visualization with
npm install codecharta-visualization -g
- install analysis with
npm install codecharta-analysis -g
- run visualization with
- run analysis with
Install CodeCharta from GitHub
- Download the latest release of CodeCharta (codecharta-analysis and codecharta-visualization)
- you should now have the analysis and visualization package
- unpack both packages
- enter the codecharta-analysis/bin directory with your favorite console
Feature request / Bug / Feedback
Have a bug, a feature request or any question? Please open a new issue. Feedback is always welcome.