Quickscript: A script system for DrRacket
Quickscript is a tool for DrRacket which allows to quickly and easily extend DrRacket features, without having to restart it. The scripts are automatically accessible from a new menu in DrRacket.
Note: Quickscript (but not yet quickscript-extra) now comes bundled with DrRacket.
From DrRacket: In DrRacket, in
Or from the command line:
raco pkg install https://github.com/Metaxal/quickscript.git
You will need to restart DrRacket. A new
Scripts menu should appear.
You may want to install additional scripts, but Quickscript can also be used alone.
Have a look at the new menu.
See the docs for more information.
Quickscript is the successor to Script Plugin, with some differences:
- Each Quickscript script is a single file (instead of 2), which makes it easier to share and modify.
- This is possible thanks to Racket's submodule system: the submodule containing the script's properties can be loaded without loading the script itself.
- There is still one main directory for the user's new scripts, but Quickscript can look for scripts in various directories.
- The script library can be managed with a GUI, making it easy to de/activate specific scripts, and add/remove script directories.
- Racket's package system can be used to easily share sets of scripts.
- 'Shadow' scripts allow the user to install third-party scripts (e.g., from a package), change their properties for his/her needs, but still make sure these third-party scripts can be updated.