Where USI has installed and will install fiber optic Internet connections.
- Get the original data:
wget -O data/original-usi-fiber.kml https://my.usinternet.com/fiber/order/kml/Phases1to43v20130812.kml
- Convert to GeoJSON:
ogr2ogr -f GeoJSON -t_srs EPSG:4326 data/original-usi-fiber.geo.json data/original-usi-fiber.kml
- Process the GeoJSON file:
- Install Git.
- Install NodeJS.
- Optionally, for development, install Grunt:
npm install -g grunt-cli
- Install Bower:
npm install -g bower
- Install Ruby, though it is probably already installed on your system.
- Install Sass:
gem install sass
- Because Leaflet comes unbuilt, we need to build it with Jake:
npm install -g jake
- Check out this code with Git:
git clone https://github.com/MinnPost/minnpost-usi-fiber.git
- Go into the template directory:
- Install NodeJS packages:
- Install Bower components:
- Because Leaflet comes unbuilt, we need to build it:
cd bower_components/leaflet/ && npm install && jake; cd -;
Development and Run Locally
- This will run a local webserver for development and you can view the application in your web browser at http://localhost:8899.
index.htmlfor development, while
index-deploy.htmlis used for the deployed version, and
index-build.htmlis used to test the build before deployment.
- The server runs
grunt watchwhich will watch for linting JS files and compiling SASS. If you have your own webserver, feel free to use that with just this command.