Android App Widget in NativeScriptSteps to create an
- Create an android layout for your widget and place it in
platforms/android/src/main/res/layout. Make sure to follow the official guidelines as not all views are supported.
- Create a widget meta-data file and place it in
android.appwidget.AppWidgetProviderand implement its
onUpdatemethod. For more information on how to do it refer to the Android API Guides.
- Update the AndroidManifest.xml located in
app/App_Resources/Androidand register your widget, where
receiver android:name=???contains the full widget class name, and
meta-data android:resource=@xml/???- your widget meta-data.
Note: A full widget class name is only considered valid when it contains package descriptor eg.
a.bin the front.
How to run
- Run command in your terminal
tns run android
- Add the widget from the application WidgetDemo to your home screen.
- Clicking on the button on the right will increase the tap counter, while clicking on the image will open the application with which the widget is associated.