Clone this wiki locally
What is Exhibitor?
Use links at right
According to the ZooKeeper documentation
You will want to have a supervisory process that manages each of your ZooKeeper server processes (JVM).
Exhibitor is a Java supervisor system for ZooKeeper. It provides a number of features:
- Watches a ZK instance and makes sure it is running
- Performs periodic backups
- Perform periodic cleaning of ZK log directory
- A GUI explorer for viewing ZK nodes
- A rich REST API
- It’s assumed that you are familiar with ZooKeeper and the basics of administering it (see the ZooKeeper Administrator’s Guide for details).
- Exhibitor is a Java-based application
- Exhibitor is designed to be run on Unix/Linux based systems (as is Apache ZooKeeper).
- The java CLI tool
jpsmust be in the command line PATH.
Important Facts About Exhibitor
- Exhibitor manages your zoo.cfg and myid files. Do not edit these manually as Exhibitor will overwrite them.
- In addition to the standard ZooKeeper ports, your firewall must have Exhibitor’s HTTP port open as each Exhibitor instance communicates with the others for status.
Maven / Artifacts
Exhibitor binaries are published to Maven Central.
|com.netflix.exhibitor||exhibitor-standalone||Self-containing, runnable version of Exhibitor (as an application or a WAR file)|
|com.netflix.exhibitor||exhibitor-core||Library version of Exhibitor that can be integrated into your application|