Aras Mouse-Over Help
This project provides a method to display tooltips when hovering the mouse cursor over a form field.
Supported Aras Versions
Always back up your code tree and database before applying an import package or code tree patch!
- Aras Innovator installed
- Aras Package Import tool
- ArasMouseOverHelp import package
- Backup your database and store the BAK file in a safe place.
- Open up the Aras Package Import tool.
- Enter your login credentials and click Login
- Note: You must login as root for the package import to succeed!
- Enter the package name in the TargetRelease field.
- Optional: Enter a description in the Description field.
- Enter the path to your local
imports.mffile in the Manifest File field.
- Select all in the Available for Import field.
- Select Type = Merge and Mode = Thorough Mode.
- Click Import in the top left corner.
- Close the Aras Package Import tool.
Configure the mouseover text
- Log in to Aras as admin.
- Navigate to Administration > ItemTypes in the TOC and search for the ItemType you would like to add mouseover tips to.
- Open the ItemType for editing.
- For each property you want to have a mouseover tip, enter the tip text in the "Help Text" field.
- Save the ItemType.
Add the form event
- Select the Views tab and open the ItemType's form for viewing.
- Lock the form.
- Select the Form Events tab.
- Add a new OnFormPopulated form event with the FRM_SetHelpText method.
- Save, unlock, and close the form.
View the mouseover tips on an Item
View the ItemType Glossary report
Select Action > ItemType Glossary Report.
- Fork it!
- Create your feature branch:
git checkout -b my-new-feature
- Commit your changes:
git commit -am 'Add some feature'
- Push to the branch:
git push origin my-new-feature
- Submit a pull request
Created by Darryl Poore.