Proof General — Organize your proofs!
Proof General is a generic Emacs interface for proof assistants. The aim of the Proof General project is to provide a powerful, generic environment for using interactive proof assistants.
This is version 4.4.1~pre of Proof General.
Remove old versions of Proof General, then download and install the new release from GitHub:
git clone https://github.com/ProofGeneral/PG ~/.emacs.d/lisp/PG cd ~/.emacs.d/lisp/PG make
Then add the following to your
;; Open .v files with Proof General's Coq mode (load "~/.emacs.d/lisp/PG/generic/proof-site")
If Proof General complains about a version mismatch, make sure that the shell's
emacs is indeed your usual Emacs. If not, run the Makefile again with an explicit path to Emacs. On macOS in particular you'll probably need something like
make clean; make EMACS=/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/MacOS/Emacs
- INSTALL for installation details
- COPYING for license details
- COMPATIBILITY for version compatibility information
- FAQ.md for frequently asked questions
- coq/README for additional notes specific to the Coq prover
- https://proofgeneral.github.io/doc for online documentation of Proof General
- http://proofgeneral.inf.ed.ac.uk/mailinglist for mailing list information
Supported proof assistants:
- Full support for latest versions of: Coq
- Support for previous versions of: Isabelle, LEGO, PhoX
- Experimental (less useful): CCC, ACL2, HOL98, Hol-Light, Lambda-Clam, Shell, Twelf
- Obsolete instances: Demoisa, Lambda-Clam, Plastic
A few example proofs are included in each prover subdirectory.