This is a small example of a working codeceptJS test project using allure as test reporting tool.
I have created this example while evaluating codeceptJS.
I'm working on OSX and have not tested whether any of this works on Windows or Linux.
I assume you have installed nodeJS, mpn and allure on your computer. Once you have done this, the rest is easy
clone this repository
open a console in the cloned repository and type:
npm install npx codeceptjs run --steps --plugins allure allure serve output
The installation should start. After installation is finished three tests should be executed. Finally the allure server should start and open a browser window presenting the test result.
With this example I want to show how to code tests using most features codeceptJS provides.
- The tests will open the german version of wikipedia and will search for an article
- All tests will do the same but using different approaches
- One test step is very simple just coding the flow
- With another test I want to show how to use fragments and steps
- The third example is coded using Gherkin
In "./helpers/puppeteer_helper.js" you can find examples on how to code helpers for puppeteer.
Running tests in parallel works like this:
npx codeceptjs run-multiple --steps --all --plugins allure allure serve output/*
The Gherkin tests are executed first and are not executed in parallel to the rest of the tests