A copylefted libre / open source YouTube player for Android, without ads.
- Video blocker featuring:
- Channel blacklisting
- Channel whitelisting
- Block videos if their language is not the same as the user's preferred one(s)
- Block low-view videos
- Block high-dislike videos
- Toolbar icon showing number of blocked videos
- Watched or partially watched videos are marked accordingly. "Resume playing" feature also implemented
- Video swipe controls, including controls for volume, brightness, comments and video description
- Bookmark videos
- Import subscriptions from YouTube
- Play channels' playlists
- Download videos
- Ability to play the video faster — or slower than live. [New!]
- View and download video thumbnails
- No adverts when browsing or playing videos
- SponsorBlock to skip advertisement segments
- Back up and restore bookmarks and subscriptions (all stored locally on your device)
- Explore Featured and Most Popular videos
- Browse YouTube channels
- Play YouTube videos
- View video comments
- Search videos, music and channels
- Channel subscription & non-intrusive notifications
- Subscriptions feed
More features will be added in the near future.
Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) or later. For techies, that means an API level of 14 or greater.
* powered by a closed-source, third-party library.
- Copylefted libre software
- Innovative design
- No ads
- Not dependent on GApps/Google Apps (the official YouTube app)
- No need for Google/YouTube account to operate
- Does not spy on your behaviour!
You can help us translate this app into your native language by visiting SkyTube's Weblate page. Just log in using your GitHub/GitLab/BitBucket/Google/Facebook account and start translating!
This project was possible with the support and contribution of numerous volunteers and third-party projects.
This project is not affiliated with YouTube™ or any of its partners and/or products. YouTube™ and Android™ are registered trademarks of Google Inc.