Local Perspective is a configurable template for highlighting features from a web map based on a user selected location or address. In addition to your data, you can include demographics, lifestyle, live weather information and enable driving directions.
[View it live] (http://coolmaps.esri.com/templates/LocalPerspective/?cycleColors=1)
The template can be configured using the following options:
Map: Choose the web map used in your application.
Text Title: The application name displayed in the application header.
Logo URL: The URL location for the application icon (logo).
Color: Choose either a single color scheme for the application or cycle through a unique color scheme for each layer.
Show Demographics: Choose this option to include demographic information about the selected location.
Show Lifestyle: Choose this option to include lifestyle information about the selected location based on Esri's tapestry segmentation neighborhood profile data.
Show Weather: Choose this option to include weather conditions for the selected location.
Enable Routing Directions: Choose this option to allow users to generate turn by turn directions. *
Route Utility Item: URL to route utility item (with stored credentials). * *requires organization account.
Distance Units: Choose this distance units (miles, kilometers or meters).
Maximum Distance: Specify a maximum search distance.
Default Distance: Specify a default search distance.
- Download and unzip the .zip file or clone the repo.
- Web-enable the directory
- Access the .html page
- See the readme page for more details.
- To deploy this application, download the template from Portal/ArcGIS Online and unzip it.
- Copy the unzipped folder containing the web app template files, such as index.html, to your web server. You can rename the folder to change the URL through which users will access the application. By default the URL to the app will be
http://<Your Web Server>/<app folder name>/index.html
- Change the sharing host, found in defaults.js inside the config folder for the application, to the sharing URL for ArcGIS Online or Portal. For ArcGIS Online users, keep the default value of www.arcgis.com or specify the name of your organization.
- ArcGIS Online Example:
"sharinghost": location.protocol + "//" + “<your organization name>.maps.arcgis.com
- Portal Example where
arcgisis the name of the Web Adaptor:
"sharinghost": location.protocol + "//" + "webadaptor.domain.com/arcgis"
"//js.arcgis.com/"and replace this portion of the reference with the url to your local install.
- For example:
arcgisis the name of your Web Adaptor.
- Copy a map or group ID from Portal/ArcGIS Online and replace the default web map ID in the application’s index.html page. You can now run the application on your web server or customize the application further.
- Notepad or HTML editor
#Issues Found a bug or want to request a new feature? Please let us know by submitting an issue.
#Contributing Anyone and everyone is welcome to contribute.
Copyright 2014 Esri
Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at
Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.