Game server for UO
Project files can be build with CMake for both Linux (GCC) and Windows (MSVC and MinGW). Even using 64bit OS, Sphere must be compiled/executed in 32bit mode to work properly (included project files already compile it in 32bit mode by default).
- Open 'GraySvr.vcxproj' file using Visual Studio (if you're using VS > 2010 it will request an update on project file, just click OK to update)
- On top menu, select the build configuration (Debug/Local/Nightly/Release) and click on 'Build > Build Solution' to compile
You can compile using provided CMake files.
- Open the terminal on sphere source dir and use the command "makefile NIGHTLY=1 -f makefile" to compile using GCC.
Some libs are required to compile/execute Sphere on Linux. You can install them using these commands:
- sudo apt-get install libmysqld-dev
- sudo apt-get install libmysql++ libmysql++-dev
- sudo apt-get install libmysqlclient-dev:i386
- yum install mysql mysql-libs mysql-devel
- yum install mysql-community-libs-compat.i686
- yum install glibc-devel.i686
Coding notes for new contributors
- Make sure you can compile and run the program before pushing a commit.
- Rebasing instead of pulling the project is a better practice to avoid unnecessary "merge branch master" commits.
- Removing/Changing/Adding anything that was working in one way for years should be followed by an ini setting if the changes cannot be replicated from script to keep some backwards compatibility.
Copyright 2016 SphereServer development team
Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License").
You may not use any file of this project except in compliance with the License.
You may obtain a copy of the License at http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0