With the release of SpringRoll 2.0 this repository has been deprecated.
- Manage a captions library
- Remote debugging over a network
- Run Grunt tasks for SpringRoll projects
- Scaffold a new project with support for custom templates
In order to build SpringRollStudio, there are some external global dependencies that are required.
Grunt is required to build. See the getting started guide.
npm install -g grunt-cli
node-appdmg is required to create the OS X DMG installer image.
npm install -g appdmg
brew install makensis
xquarts & wine
brew install wine
Before building, make sure to run NPM install to import Node dependencies for building the project.
The build tasks extend project-grunt and all those Grunt tasks can be used when building SpringRoll Studio. In addition, there are several Grunt tasks that are specific and useful to building the NW.js app:
|app:(win32,win64,osx64,osx32)||Builds a release version of the NW.js app, when no platform is specified, all platforms are built.|
|app-debug:(win32,win64,osx64,osx32)||Builds a debug version of the NW.js app, when no platform is specified, all platforms are build in debug mode.|
|package:(win32,win64,osx64,osx32)||Create the OSX and Windows installers, also optional platform|
|open:(win32,win64,osx64,osx32)||Open the OSX application, also optional platform|
Build SpringRollStudio in debug mode for OS X run:
grunt app-debug:osx64 open:osx64
Build SpringRollStudio for all platforms and package for all using:
grunt app package
- On OS X, building Windows 32-bit and 64-bit platforms back-to-back have been known to fail when using Wine to update the icon. The workaround is to build one platform at a time.