StewPolley Deploy Scripts
This Repository is designed to assist getting simple Digital Ocean Droplets and AWS Lightsail instances setup quickly with the tools needed for you to quickly get websites and web-apps off the ground.
Please visit https://scripts.stewpolley.com/ to view available scripts and instructions.
While Digital Ocean and Lightsail are very similar there's (at least) one minor difference.
- On lightsail, ensure you allow HTTPS traffic in the "Network" tab of the instance before trying to set up Wodrpesss after Let's encrypt has done it's thing
- On Digital Ocean you'll need to do
sudo ufw allow 443/tcpbefore attempting to setup Wordpress
As more scripts are added, more instructions will be added too, of course.
In general though, using these scripts is pretty simple
- Create droplet/instance and wait for it to spin up
- Ensure that firewall for port 443 has been opened!
- Install the base lemp stack with
curl https://scripts.stewpolley.com/ubuntu-16-04/lemp/initial-setup.sh | sh
- Save the MySQL Root Password somewhere
- Decide on input needed for Wordpress mentioned above
- Install wordpress using
curl https://scripts.stewpolley.com/ubuntu-16-04/lemp/install-wordpress.sh >> install-wordpress.sh && sh install-wordpress.sh
- visit a domain decided upon above to finish the wordpress installation
Evidently, if you find a security concern please create an issue.
If you'd like to contribute, pull requests are welcome... especially if you can remove the python scripts and implement them in Bash!