DiscordChatExporter can be used to export message history from a Discord channel to a file. It works with direct messages, group messages, server channels, supports Discord's dialect of markdown and all other rich media features.
For guides and other info -- check out the wiki.
Note: This application requires .NET Core runtime in order to run:
- .NET Core runtime for Windows: x64 | x86
- .NET Core runtime for macOS (for CLI version only): x64
- .NET Core runtime for Linux (for CLI version only): Ubuntu/Debian
- Graphical user interface (Windows)
- Command line interface (Windows, Linux, macOS)
- Works with both user and bot tokens
- Exports on the fly without buffering messages in memory
- Allows exporting messages in a specified range
- Supports file partitioning based on message count
- Uses custom markdown parser compatible with Discord syntax
- Handles all rich media features, including attachments, embeds, emojis, etc
- Renders to HTML (dark & light), TXT, CSV, JSON