SteamOS community tracker
This issue tracker is meant for community support and requests for improvements.
Supplemental community-driven information can also be found in the wiki section of this repository.
If you encounter an issue while using SteamOS, first search the issue list to see if it has already been reported. Include closed issues in your search. Some issues may have already been reported to other trackers, so it may be worth checking the following:
- Steam for Linux for Steam Client issues
- Dota 2 for issues regarding Dota 2 on Mac and Linux/SteamOS.
- Counter-Strike: Global Offensive for issues regarding Counter-Strike: Global Offensive on Linux/SteamOS.
- Portal 2 for issues regarding Portal 2 on Linux/SteamOS.
- HalfLife for issues regarding Half-Life 1 engine (GoldSrc) games.
- Source-1 Games for issues regarding Source games (HL2, TF2, CS:S, etc)
If it has not been reported, create a new issue with at least the following information:
- a short, descriptive title;
- a detailed description of the issue, including any output from the command line;
- steps for reproducing the issue; and
- your system information.*
There are basic rules of conduct that should be followed at all times by everyone participating in the discussions. While this is generally a relaxed environment, please remember the following:
- Do not insult, harass, or demean anyone.
- Do not intentionally multi-post an issue.
- Do not use ALL CAPS when creating an issue report.
- Do not repeatedly update an open issue remarking that the issue persists.
Remember: Just because the issue you reported was reported here does not mean that it is an issue with Steam. As well, should your issue not be resolved immediately, it does not mean that a resolution is not being researched or tested. Patience is always appreciated.