Mastodon for YunoHost
This package allows you to install Mastodon quickly and simply on a YunoHost server. If you don't have YunoHost, please consult the guide to learn how to install it.
Mastodon is a free, open-source microblogging social network. It is a decentralized alternative to commercial platforms like Twitter and avoids the risks of a single company monopolizing your communication for commercial purposes.
Shipped version: 4.2.3~ynh1
Disclaimers / important information
Important points to read before installing
- Mastodon require a dedicated root domain, eg. mastodon.domain.tld
- The user choosen during the installation is automatically created in Mastodon with admin rights
- At the end of the installation a mail is sent to the user with the automatically generated password
- It seems important to close the inscriptions for your Mastodon, so that it remains a private body. We invite you to block remote malicious instances from the administration interface. You can also add text on your home page.
Using screen in case of disconnect
$ sudo apt-get install screen $ screen $ sudo yunohost app install https://github.com/YunoHost-Apps/mastodon_ynh.git
Recover after disconnect:
$ screen -d $ screen -r
Using screen highly recommended
$ sudo yunohost app upgrade mastodon -u https://github.com/YunoHost-Apps/mastodon_ynh --debug
Administrate with tootctl
$ (cd /var/www/mastodon/live && sudo -u mastodon RAILS_ENV=production PATH=/opt/rbenv/versions/mastodon/bin bin/tootctl --help)
YunoHost specific features
LDAP authentication is activated. All YunoHost users can authenticate.
Log-out from YunoHost's portal doesn't log out from Mastodon. See YunoHost/issues#501
Documentation and resources
- Official app website: https://joinmastodon.org/
- Official admin documentation: https://docs.joinmastodon.org/
- Upstream app code repository: https://github.com/mastodon/mastodon
- YunoHost Store: https://apps.yunohost.org/app/mastodon
- Report a bug: https://github.com/YunoHost-Apps/mastodon_ynh/issues
Please send your pull request to the testing branch.
To try the testing branch, please proceed like that.
sudo yunohost app install https://github.com/YunoHost-Apps/mastodon_ynh/tree/testing --debug or sudo yunohost app upgrade mastodon -u https://github.com/YunoHost-Apps/mastodon_ynh/tree/testing --debug
More info regarding app packaging: https://yunohost.org/packaging_apps