ZUGFeRD / Factur-X is a open european PDF invoice metadata standard. ZUGFeRD invoices embed a XML structure into PDF and look and behave like ordinary PDFs but can also be parsed and paid automatically. ZUGFeRD version 2 matches Factur-X version 1.
ZUGFeRD.org is the incubator and communication hub for and around ZUGFeRD/Factur-X open source projects. Others may also be around. Our repos. For people and commercial projects around ZUGFeRD there is the ZUGFeRD-community, which even has a forum. For an english forum please refer to the ZUGFeRD Google Group.
ZUGFeRD/Factur-X Open Source Software
- factur-x is a BSD-licensed library
- @gp has a factur-x library for PHP
- Konik GPL Java and C# library for ZUGFeRD 1
- Mustang is a APL Java library for ZUGFeRD 1 and 2(=Factur-X) and a command-line tool to extract and combine. It also offers a server with REST API
- Ghostscript can be used to create PDF/A files from other documents and ordinary PDF and even complete Factur-X files
- LibreOffice is a open source office suite with good PDF/A-1 export
- iText RUPS can be used, along with a good hex editor to inspect the PDF internal structure, or a Windows-only alternative
- MuPDF for windows and linux, mutools show can display simple internal structures
- Open source OCR/invoice recognition invoice2data
- VeraPDF, validates PDF-A "only" but very good :-)
- The CEN Schematron can be used to validate ZUGFeRD/Factur-X XML
- Konik only ZUGFeRD 1 and now part of a propriary product Zrechnung
- FNFE uses a odoo plugin which is based on VeraPDF and the CEN Schematron
- The new FerdMC checker is based on an outdated version of ZUV and embeds VeraPDF and the CEN Schematron as well
- The open source accounting application Fakturama
- Factur-X extension for LibreOffice is a LibreOffice extension to generate Factur-X invoices from LibreOffice Calc published under the GPL licence. Watch this video tutorial.
- Odoo is an OpenSource ERP software that has an OpenSource module account_invoice_factur-x to generate Factur-X invoices and another OpenSource module account_invoice_import_factur-x to import Factur-X invoices.
- Open-source homebanking application: Hibiscus
- The XRechnung XSLT can be used to convert ZUGFeRD/Factur-X to HTML
- There is a Viewer for XRechnung based on these XSLTs
- Additional data is a python project to support extensions for certain industries like logistics, adding additional information to structured invoices (e.g. the invoice is for kilometres and the additional data contains the amount of miles)
- Philip Helger published a java library to convert UN/CEFACT CII to UBL
- There is a OpenXRechnungToolbox to visualize and validate XRechnung and Leitweg-IDs
- There is a interesting parser for the EN16931 specification documents