What's new in Bookmarks 10
- Adds an all-new Bookmarks Side Bar
- Adds Column Position support
Toggle Labeledcommand to define a label for Bookmarks
Bookmarks is an open source extension created for Visual Studio Code. While being free and open source, if you find it useful, please consider supporting it.
Use Slack inside VS Code and save your technical discussions where they belong - with your codebase.
It helps you to navigate in your code, moving between important positions easily and quickly. No more need to search for code. It also supports a set of selection commands, which allows you to select bookmarked lines and regions between bookmarked lines. It's really useful for log file analysis.
Since version 9 you can also define Labels for you bookmarks!
Here are some of the features that Bookmarks provides:
- Mark/unmark positions in your code
- Mark positions in your code and give it name
- Jump forward and backward between bookmarks
- Icons in gutter and overview ruler
- See a list of all Bookmarks in one file
- See a list of all Bookmarks in your project
- A dedicated Activity Bar
- Select lines with bookmarks
- Select regions between bookmarks
Bookmarks: ToggleMark/unmark positions with bookmarks
Bookmarks: Toggle LabeledMark labeled bookmarks
Bookmarks: Jump to NextMove the cursor forward, to the bookmark below
Bookmarks: Jump to PreviousMove the cursor backward, to the bookmark above
Bookmarks: ListList all bookmarks in the current file
Bookmarks: List from All FilesList all bookmarks from all files
Bookmarks: Clearremove all bookmarks in the current file
Bookmarks: Clear from All Filesremove all bookmarks from all files
Bookmarks (Selection): Select LinesSelect all lines that contains bookmarks
Bookmarks (Selection): Expand Selection to NextExpand the selected text to the next bookmark
Bookmarks (Selection): Expand Selection to PreviousExpand the selected text to the previous bookmark
Bookmarks (Selection): Shrink SelectionShrink the select text to the Previous/Next bookmark
Manage your bookmarks
You can easily Mark/Unmark bookmarks on any position.
You can even mark labeled bookmarks on any position.
Jump to Next / Previous
Quicky move between bookmarks backward and forward, even if located outside the active file.
List / List from All Files
List all bookmarks from the current file/project and easily navigate to any of them. It shows a line preview and temporarily scroll to its position.
- Bookmarks from the active file only shows the line number and its contents
- Bookmarks from other files in the project also shows the relative path and filename
- Bookmarks from files outside the project are denoted with
You can use Bookmarks to easily select lines or text blocks. Simply toggle bookmarks in any position of interest and use some of the Selection commands available.
Select all bookmarked lines. Specially useful while working with log files.
Expand Selection to the Next/Previous Bookmark or Shrink the Selection
Manipulate the selection of lines between bookmarks, up and down.
- Allow navigation through all files that contains bookmarks (
- Allow navigation to wrap around at the first and last bookmarks in scope (current file or all files) (
- Bookmarks are always saved between sessions, and you can decide if it should be saved in the Project, so you can add it to your Git/SVN repo and have it in all your machines (
- Path to another image to be shown as Bookmark (16x16 px)
- Choose the background color to use on a bookmarked line
The Bookmarks are now presented in its own Activity Bar, giving you more free space in your Explorer bar. You will have a few extra commands available:
- Jump to a bookmark, simply clicking in the bookmark item
- Remove a bookmark, right clicking in the bookmark item
- Clear the bookmark's file, right-clickin in the file item
MIT © Alessandro Fragnani