Angular HTTP Quickstart Guide
This repository contains a sample Angular HTTP application that uses the latest Angular HTTP Client, originally released in Angular 4.3 (import barrel
This is the support code for the Angular HTTP QuickStart blog post.
This post will be a quick practical guide for the Angular HTTP Client module. We will cover how to do HTTP in Angular in general. We will be using the new @angular/common/http module, but a good part of this post is also applicable to the previous @angular/http module.
We will provide some examples of how to use this module to implement some of the most common uses that you will find during development.
Table Of Contents
- Introduction to the new HTTP Client module
- Example of an HTTP GET
- Improved Type Safety
- HTTP Request Parameters (Immutability-based API)
- HTTP Headers (Immutability-based API)
- HTTP PUT, PATCH, POST, DELETE
- Some REST Guidelines (specific to RESTful JSON) for using the multiple HTTP methods
- The use of Generics in the new API enabling more type safe code
- How To Avoid Duplicate HTTP Requests
- How to do HTTP Requests in Parallel, and combine the Result
- How to do HTTP Requests in sequence, and use the result of the first request to create the second request
- How To get the results of two requests made in sequence
- HTTP error handling
- HTTP Interceptors
- Progress Events