Java API for Excel File Formats
Aspose.Cells for Java is an award-winning Excel Spreadsheet Processing API that allows Java developers to embed the ability to read, write and manipulate Excel® spreadsheets (XLS, XLSX, XLSM, XLSB, XLTX, SpreadsheetML, CSV, ODS), HTML, MHTML, PDF, and image file formats into their own Java applications without needing to rely on Microsoft Excel®.
|Examples||A collection of Java examples that help you learn the product features.|
|Examples.GridWeb||A collection of Java examples that help you learn and explore Aspose.GridWeb features.|
|Plugins||Plugins that will demonstrate one or more features of Aspose.Cells for Java.|
Excel File Processing Features
- Open Plain or Encrypted Excel files (Excel97, Excel2007/2010/2013) from different sources.
- Save Excel files (Excel97- Excel2007/2010/2013) in various supported formats.
- Convert Excel files & spreadsheets to various supported formats.
- Convert to Tagged Image File Format (
- Read and Write OpenDocument Spreadsheet (
- Modify the document properties of Excel files.
- Make Worksheet visible or hidden.
- Ability to show or hide worksheet tabs, scroll bars, gridlines & headers.
- Apply worksheet zoom level.
- Keep the selected data visible while scrolling in freeze panes.
- Ability to preview worksheet page breaks.
- Protection support for worksheet content, objects as well as scenarios.
- Perform and apply page setup configuration to worksheets.
- Perform various actions on individual or group of rows and columns.
Data Management Features
- Insert data in specific cells at runtime.
- Fetch data from various data soures and import into worksheets.
- Retrieve data from cells based on their datatype.
- Get data from worksheet cells and export to array.
- Apply conditional formatting.
- Perform numerous formatting actions on data, such as, font setting.
Charting & Graphics Features
- Supports creating various kinds of charts.
- Add custom charts to the worksheet.
- Add pictures to worksheets at the runtime.
- Ability to print worksheets.
- Use robust Formula Calculation Engine to support formula calculation.
- Manipulate VBA code or Macros.
- Create pivot tables as well as change its source data at runtime.
Read & Write Spreadsheet Formats
Microsoft Excel: XLS, XLSX, XLSB, XLT, XLTX, XLTM, XLSM, XML
Text: CSV, TSV
Web: HTML, MHTML
Numbers: Apple's iWork office suite Numbers app documents
Save Excel Files As
Fixed Layout: PDF, PDF/A, XPS
Data Interchange: DIF
Images: JPEG, PNG, BMP, SVG, TIFF, EMF, GIF
- Microsoft Windows: Windows Desktop & Server (x86, x64)
- macOS: Mac OS X
- Linux: Ubuntu, OpenSUSE, CentOS, and others
- Java Versions:
J2SE 7.0 (1.7), or above
Get Started with Aspose.Cells for Java
Aspose hosts all Java APIs at the Aspose Repository. You can easily use Aspose.Cells for Java API directly in your Maven projects with simple configurations. For the detailed instructions please visit Installing Aspose.Cells for Java from Maven Repository documentation page.
Convert Table to Range with Options using Java
// For complete examples and data files, please go to https://github.com/aspose-cells/Aspose.Cells-for-Java // The path to the documents directory. String dataDir = Utils.getSharedDataDir(ConvertTableToRangeWithOptions.class) + "Tables/"; // Open an existing file that contains a table/list object in it Workbook workbook = new Workbook(dataDir + "book1.xlsx"); TableToRangeOptions options = new TableToRangeOptions(); options.setLastRow(5); // Convert the first table/list object (from the first worksheet) to normal range workbook.getWorksheets().get(0).getListObjects().get(0).convertToRange(options); // Save the file workbook.save(dataDir + "ConvertTableToRangeWithOptions_out.xlsx");