This module provides upgrade routines to modify a source code file for changes to the Backdrop core APIs. Currently, the module provides routines for an upgrade from Drupal to Backdrop 1.0
This module utilizes the Grammar Parser library to modify source code in a precise and programmatic fashion. The module utilizes the familiar Backdrop hook system to invoke upgrade routines, allowing other modules to enhance or modify a routine.
Contributed modules that define an API can develop upgrade routines that would enable other contributed modules relying on that API to upgrade their code.
Installation and usage
- Copy Coder Upgrade directory to your modules directory
- Enable the module at the module administration page
- Coder Upgrade by default will create a
coder_upgradedirectory in your Backdrop
/filesdirectory. If your
/filesdirectory is not writable, there will be a system message on install warning you of this.
- If your base
coder_upgradedirectory was not created on install, or if you wish to change the default location, go to
admin/config/development/coder-upgrade/settingsand set an alternative.
- Under the base directory Coder Upgrade creates three subdirectories:
- To convert modules, place the unpacked Drupal 7 module in the 'old' directory
admin/config/development/coder-upgrade, select the 'Directories' tab, and check the box next to the module you wish to convert. Click the 'Convert files' button.
- The Drupal 7 code will be converted, then copied to the 'new' directory.
There are no dependencies. Unlike the Drupal version, the Grammar Parser Library is bundled with Coder Upgrade.
In the event of issues with the upgrade routines, debug output may be enabled on the settings page of this module. It is recommended to enable this only with smaller files that include the code causing an issue.
This project is GPL v2 software. See the LICENSE.txt file in this directory for complete text.
- Docwilmot (https://github.com/docwilmot
Jim Berry ("solotandem", http://drupal.org/user/240748)