A3M Account Authentication and Authorization
Clone this wiki locally
Current Version: v1.0.2 (CI 2.2.0)
Development Version: v1.0.3 (CI 2.2.0) and v2.0.0-dev (CI 3.x-dev)
Open Issues: https://github.com/donjakobo/A3M/issues?state=open
Project on GitHub: https://github.com/donjakobo/A3M/
A3M (Account Authentication & Authorization) is a CodeIgniter 2.x and 3.x package that leverages bleeding edge web technologies like OpenID and OAuth to create a user-friendly user experience. It gives you the CRUD to get working right away without too much fuss and tinkering! Designed for building webapps from scratch without all that tiresome login / logout / admin stuff thats always required.
Key Features & Design Goals
- Native Sign Up, Sign In with 'Remember me' and Sign Out
- Native account Forgot Password and Reset Password
- Facebook/Twitter/Google/Yahoo/OpenID Sign Up, Sign In and Sign Out
- Manage Account Details, Profile Details and Linked Accounts
- reCAPTCHA Support, SSL Support, Language Files Support
- Gravatar support for picture selection (via account profile)
- Create a painless user experience for sign up and sign in
- Create code that is easily understood and re-purposed
- Utilize Twitter Bootstrap (a fantastic CSS / JS library)
- Proper usage of CodeIgniter's libraries, helpers and plugins
- Easily Configurable via config file
/application/- what you should be editing / creating in
/system/- default CodeIgniter system folder (don't touch!)
/user_guide/- latest guide for CI (can be deleted, just for CI reference)
3rd Party Libraries & Plugins
- recaptcha_pi.php - recaptcha-php-1.11
- facebook_pi.php - v.3.2.3
- twitter_pi.php - Updated to latest release - Jan 07, 2014
- phpass_pi.php - Version 0.3 / genuine (latest)
- openid_pi.php - php-openid-php5.3
- gravatar.php - codeigniter (6/25/2012) rls
- DOM or domxml
- GMP or Bcmatch
Check out our wiki: https://github.com/donjakobo/A3M/wiki/Installation-Instructions for help on getting started.
Help and Support
- Found a bug? Try forking and fixing it.
- Open an issue if you want to discuss/highlight it
- Go to StackOverflow under the tag
codeigniter-a3mhttp://stackoverflow.com/questions/tagged/codeigniter-a3m if you have implementation issues (installation problems, etc;)
- Fix: Fix a permission bug in admin manage roles and manage permissions
- New feature: #78, #59, #27 HybridAuth was integrated into A3M, which means that the old social logins no longer work.
- New feature: #30 Verify e-mail upon sign-up (can be now enabled in config).
- New feature: Default user group can be set in config.
- New feature: Added jQuery validation to sign up page.
- New feature: #74 Force user to reset password upon next sign-in
- New feature: #75 Option to send user credentials to new user created via administration
- New feature: Added support for table prefixes
- New feature: Initialize function in authentication library
- New feature: Authorization library is_role() now accepts arrays
- New feature: Added support for DocBlock documentation generation
- New feature: Support for DocBlock documentation
- Update: Update to jQuery 2.1.1
- Update: Updated Twitter Bootstrap to 3.2.0
- Update: #70 Updated to Twitter Bootstrap 3.0.3
- Update: #47 Updated to CodeIgniter 3.
- Update: Update of authorization library so that are compared roles and permissions are lower string before being compared.
- Change: #70 Changed the naming structure for A3M.
- Change: #56 Removed full name and postal code from user details and DB.
- Change: Changed how views are called. Now using a template into which all views are inserted.
- Change: Profile settings was merged into Account settings to reduce user confusion
- Remove: Currency table and reference to country by IP table and functionality
- Update: Gravatar library
- Update: CodeIgniter to 2.2.0
- Update: Facebook SDK to v3.2.3
- Update: #90 Facebook Redirect page view
- Update: Removed align parameter from photo helper and added function description
- New Feature: First created user automatically becomes admin (https://github.com/donjakobo/A3M/commit/2d79aa3)
- New feature: Admin panel
- New feature: #9 Changed the markup to bootstrap.
- Update: #40 Updated Twitter Bootstrap to version 2.3.2
- Update: #50 Updating social media icons.
- Update: #43 Twitter API updated to 1.1
- Update: #45 Updating jQuery to 2.0.2
- Update: #45 Fixing remaining pages for HTML5 and Bootstrap.
- Update: #18 Reformatted project style to match CI's guidelines.
- Fix: #51 Timezones table now has additional column for CodeIgniter friendly timezone format.
- Fix: #29 XSS on forgot password, also added missing validation.
- Fix: #21, #22 XSS Vulnerabilities fixed.
- Fix: #12 Removed insecure SSL configuration.
- Fix: #10 Correct twitter config & helper location.
- Fix: #8 Fixed twitter_model reference.
- Fix: #5 Fixed some wrong load->view references and included missing headers in some views.